Smith equals 39 year record
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Smith equals 39 year record
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

[Image: moto2.gif]

Tech 3 Racing Team rider Bradley Smith took his third successive podium finish in the Moto2 class at the spectacular Mugello circuit last Sunday, making him the first British rider in 39 years to make 3 successive intermediate-class GP podiums.

Bradley Smith took the third position on the podium following an enthralling fight for the Moto2 race victory on Sunday, challenging Marc Marquez and Stefan Bradl throughout the entire 21-lap race.

“It was awesome to be able to run with Marc (Marquez) and Stefan (Bradl) today. We've seen already this season that they are the two strongest riders in Moto2, but I finished right behind them today and kept them under pressure for the whole race. That shows what a huge step I've taken in the first eight races.”

[Image: bradsmithpodium.jpg]

His result at Mugello makes Smith the first British rider to take 3 successive intermediate-class GP podiums since 1972, when Rod Gould first acheived the same.

“We had the podiums in the wet in the last two races and that gave me great confidence, but we did a great job this weekend to show we are competitive in the dry as well,” said the Briton, whose previous two podiums at Assen and Silverstone were both wet races.

He credits his team for providing him confidence to race as hard as he can, stating, “Three successive podiums is definitely proof of that. Now I am looking forward to going to Sachsenring.”
07-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Website Find Reply