Honda TT Legends enjoy Goodwood Festival of Speed
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends enjoy Goodwood Festival of Speed
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

The annual Goodwood Festival of Speed took place last weekend, attracting a record 181,000 motorsport enthusiasts and more than 100 car and motorcycle racers. Among the two-wheel stars taking part were Honda TT Legends’ John McGuinness and Keith Amor.

Both riders attended on all three days of the festival, taking part in the twice-daily hill climb and meeting fans on the impressive Honda Eye – a big wheel with a spectacular view of across Goodwood House and its grounds. The wheel came complete with a Honda TT Legends-branded pod and lucky competition winners were able to take a ride with McGuinness and Amor.

For the famous Goodwood hill climb, Keith Amor rode the Honda TT Legends test machine, decked out in the stunning red, white and blue livery of the team. John McGuinness took to the hill on a hand-built replica of his 2007 TT-winning Fireblade – the bike that saw him set the fastest lap ever recorded around the TT course of 131.578mph.

[Image: hondalegendsgoodwood.jpg]

“What an awesome weekend and a fantastic event,” said Amor. “I’ve met some true legends and riding up the hill was a brilliant experience. I’ll definitely come again.”

“Goodwood is one of my favourite events of the year,” said McGuinness. “The atmosphere is brilliant – it’s nice and relaxed and everyone is here to enjoy the spectacle of motorsport. The wheel was fun, especially being in it with Keith who is scared of heights!”

The riders’ next event is the third round of the 2011 Endurance World Championship – the Suzuka 8-Hour in Japan on 31 July.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM by Malcolm.)
08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Website Find Reply