Swan Yamaha set sights on Oulton Park victory
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Yamaha set sights on Oulton Park victory
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

The Swan Yamaha team return to Oulton Park this weekend as Tommy Hill and Michael Laverty bid to maintain their position in the top six in the overall MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings and score further podium credits for their title challenge.

The Championship returns to the Cheshire circuit for the second time this season and both riders are seeking a change in fortune compared to the previous visit back in May. At the round earlier in the year Hill had set the pace securing pole position but had his weekend ended prematurely with a crash in warm up which left him carrying a shoulder injury. Laverty was in contention for the win but suffered arm pump, which he has since had an operation to resolve and scored two fifth places. The Swan Yamaha pairing are now expecting a strong performance this weekend as they target a return to the podium.

Hill said:

"After the nightmare of the second race at Snetterton I can't wait to get back out on track. We have to start where we left off this weekend and I am feeling confident as last time we were at Oulton Park we had a good set-up and everything was going good for us. We took the pole position inside the lap record but then I had the crash in warm-up and that put me two races behind everyone else so that makes it important to get back on the top step of the podium. Everyone is stepping up their game and so will we this weekend. It is so important now to get results and those all important podium credits."

Laverty said:

"I am looking forward to Oulton Park and trying to get the Swan Yamaha back on the podium where it belongs after a tough weekend at Snetterton. We know we have the pace there and I was having a good race and was in a position to challenge for the win until I got arm pump so it is looking positive. Everyone has moved forward since we were there before but I think as a team we have too. We need to pull some results out of the bag this weekend and get back on the podium to score some of those important credits for the championship."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Website Find Reply