Encouraging Increase in Entries for Manx Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Encouraging Increase in Entries for Manx Grand Prix
[Image: mgp2011hdr.jpg]

The Manx Motor Cycle Club are pleased to announce a significant increase in the number of entries accepted for the 2011 Manx Grand Prix, which commences with the first practice session on Saturday 20th August.

519 entries have been accepted by the organisers compared with 469 in 2010.

It is encouraging that the numbers of Newcomers accepted have increased from last year, helped by the continuing assistance received from the Mike Hailwood Foundation in bringing potential Manx Grand Prix riders over early in the year to see the Snaefell Mountain Course for
themselves.

The other Manx Grand Prix modern races have also attracted extra entries this year which is pleasing in the current economic climate.

Overall the Classic classes are also up on 2010. However the Post Classic races remain similar to last year although the 2011 regulations allow for a wider range of machinery.

The Manx Motor Cycle Club are looking forward to welcoming our ‘regular’ competitors, newcomers, friends, supporters and enthusiasts to ‘the most sporting races of the year’ in a few weeks time.

15-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Website Find Reply
Tel Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Encouraging Increase in Entries for Manx Grand Prix
‘the most sporting races of the year’Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol
"Long live Two Strokes"
15-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
If they want to increase the post classic entries, they have to confirm that the present cut off dates will remain for a certain length of time. I run a 91 Honda RS250 and i am worried that at any time they could revert back to the original cut off dates for post classic period. This would effectivly cut my bike out of the manx. I have written to the club asking them if they would confirm that these cut off dates will stay in place for at least a fixed period of time, ie 3 years. That way i would know how much to invest in the bike. They would not confirm that to me. No doubt there are other people out there who want to enter, but like my self are reluctant to invest a large amount of money on what could have a short shelf life. Post classic machines are not cheap to run, especially two strokes, i have spent a small fortune in gathering spares hopeing i will not live to regret it
15-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Find Reply
Tel Offline

Threads: 6
I have also bought a 1991 RS 250 from Japan and after paying for the bike and VAT and import duty and it needs a total rebuild, I will NOT be running this bike at the manx as the club change the rules to suit them selves, I have a standard 2001 Honda and the club have kicked us out saying the bike is too fast and my rider has won the event before, it states in the regs that previous winners can compete? I also asked the club for an explanation on the 8th June and still awaiting a reply, I have supported the Manx for over 40 years any spent long thousands of pounds on up and coming young riders to introduce them to road racing.
Having just unloaded my bikes out of the van after the S100 they will be staying in the garage till the S100 next year as this is the only meeting I have come across where the organisers are there to help and not hinder you, the guys at the manx pay a fortune for entrys only to get bossed about by the little hitler officials who run the event ( except CC Tubby, also CC S100 ) the TT devolopment and his hangers on are now involved and are holding the nails to drive into the 2 stroke coffin and want a 4 stoke twin to win as they Will be introduced to next years TT programme ( Fact ) so the man who saved the TT will in my eyes will be the man who killed the manx.
Rant over and also the MGP over( for my bikes anyway )
"Long live Two Strokes"
16-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Gosh..! I have a totally different view point, being as I just counted 22 two strokes in this year's MGP and that is not (yet) the full list of entries..!

I think the Club has done an amazing good job... the last few years brought some concern... the economy had some big scares... and then the handful of years before when the weather was unusually bad...

Glad to see the entry numbers up... a very good sign indeed...!!!

Now if only my bike stopped breaking parts.....

Back to work (on the racer)... see you all soon..!!!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron
16-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(15-07-2011, 12:40 PM)Tel Wrote: ‘the most sporting races of the year’Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

The most sporting races of the yearIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2011, 10:52 PM by ammo.)
20-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Find Reply