Classic entries
Manx Badger Offline

Threads: 10
Classic entries
Have just been on the MGP website to have a look at their list of entries for each class. Seems to me that the 500 and 350/250 classic are both better supported than last year. Interesting to see Bob Price back in the 350 and Bruno Leroy in both races - must be about 7/8 years since he was last at the Manx?

Excited now!!
23-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Classic entries
(23-07-2011, 12:12 AM)Manx Badger Wrote: Have just been on the MGP website to have a look at their list of entries for each class. Seems to me that the 500 and 350/250 classic are both better supported than last year. Interesting to see Bob Price back in the 350 and Bruno Leroy in both races - must be about 7/8 years since he was last at the Manx?

Excited now!!

I think there were 46 total entered last year - 500's and 750's, so looks like we are up about ten or so. Looks like some quality in the field as well, looking forward to it!

David
23-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
There are 47 entries listed in the 500 class... is that list complete..? There are two names noticably absent from that list... ahem...

Ron - hoping my bike makes it this year...(looking for Virgins to offer up as a sacrifice to the Lords of the MGP..!! ) Big Grin
23-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(23-07-2011, 04:01 PM)Gstarron Wrote: There are 47 entries listed in the 500 class... is that list complete..? There are two names noticably absent from that list... ahem...

Ron - hoping my bike makes it this year...(looking for Virgins to offer up as a sacrifice to the Lords of the MGP..!! ) Big Grin

Ron, I think you will find that the listing published on the MGP website is partial, as they do state - "The following shows some of the riders who have entered"
23-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Website Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
(23-07-2011, 04:01 PM)Gstarron Wrote: There are 47 entries listed in the 500 class... is that list complete..? There are two names noticably absent from that list... ahem...

Which names do you think are missing?

I'll finish it one day!
23-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

I hesistated to reply and start a list, as I hope they are all well and just had other reasons for not being in the class. I just looked at the last two years of races and have spotted a few names that have entered the 500 class in the past. And this is just a few, too diffficult to compare the entire listing. (Yes, I know the listing is partial.). I hope the names below are just not yet posted. I guess there is the drama or is it the dreaming of who will be at the front on the last lap...!! Besides, the more the merrier..!!!

Oliver Linsdell
Alan Oversby
Bill Swallow - (his 350 entry is listed)
Mark Parrett
Tony Myers

Cheers..!!!

Ron only 21 days until first practice... OH MY... hope I make it..!!!
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2011, 06:01 PM by Gstarron.)
30-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(30-07-2011, 05:56 PM)Gstarron Wrote: I hesistated to reply and start a list, as I hope they are all well and just had other reasons for not being in the class. I just looked at the last two years of races and have spotted a few names that have entered the 500 class in the past. And this is just a few, too diffficult to compare the entire listing. (Yes, I know the listing is partial.). I hope the names below are just not yet posted. I guess there is the drama or is it the dreaming of who will be at the front on the last lap...!! Besides, the more the merrier..!!!

Oliver Linsdell
Alan Oversby
Mark Parrett
Tony Myers

Cheers..!!!

Tony Myers was badly injured somewhere (not on the IOM) a few years ago.

ammo
01-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
(30-07-2011, 05:56 PM)Gstarron Wrote: I hesistated to reply and start a list, as I hope they are all well and just had other reasons for not being in the class. I just looked at the last two years of races and have spotted a few names that have entered the 500 class in the past. And this is just a few, too diffficult to compare the entire listing. (Yes, I know the listing is partial.). I hope the names below are just not yet posted. I guess there is the drama or is it the dreaming of who will be at the front on the last lap...!! Besides, the more the merrier..!!!

Oliver Linsdell
Alan Oversby
Mark Parrett
Tony Myers

Cheers..!!!

I'm fairly sure Carole has posted somewhere on here that Oli isn't riding this year as he didn't think he was going to be back to 100% fitness in time.
Alan has had a pretty rough season this year with a few falls he is out for the rest if the year.
I'm sure last year Bill only rode the 350 due to work commitments I suspect it will be the same this year. As I recal last year or the year before the delayed races caused him problems with this as well.
Mark is in the junior classic and junior postclassic. I don't know if he has a 500 this year.
As ammo has said Tony had an off at Chimay in 2009, I'm still not quite sure how I missed him and the bike! He was entered for the Manx in 09 but didn't ride. He's since decided to retire from racing, but he was there spectating last year and took some good pictures of me at Gorse Lee.

To be honest I suppose it shows how much you take for granted when your in or around the racing all the time. To me to obvious names you might of picked were Oli and Alan. I'd not thought about looking in programs from the last few years to see which names might be missing.

I'll finish it one day!
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(01-08-2011, 01:20 PM)smokey125 Wrote:

Oliver Linsdell
Alan Oversby
Mark Parrett
Tony Myers

Cheers..!!!

I'm fairly sure Carole has posted somewhere on here that Oli isn't riding this year as he didn't think he was going to be back to 100% fitness in time.
Alan has had a pretty rough season this year with a few falls he is out for the rest if the year.
I'm sure last year Bill only rode the 350 due to work commitments I suspect it will be the same this year. As I recal last year or the year before the delayed races caused him problems with this as well.
Mark is in the junior classic and junior postclassic. I don't know if he has a 500 this year.
As ammo has said Tony had an off at Chimay in 2009, I'm still not quite sure how I missed him and the bike! He was entered for the Manx in 09 but didn't ride. He's since decided to retire from racing, but he was there spectating last year and took some good pictures of me at Gorse Lee.

To be honest I suppose it shows how much you take for granted when your in or around the racing all the time. To me to obvious names you might of picked were Oli and Alan. I'd not thought about looking in programs from the last few years to see which names might be missing.

I dont think that Bill Swallow rides for Dick Linton any more so he probably doesnt have a 500 to ride now.
01-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Oh my... I was worried some of the guys were not in "racing form" this year... and of course finances are always tight...

And now I am sorry to post that I won't make it either.... sigh... all I can say is next year..!

I hope everyone has a great safe and fun Manx....

Cheers..!!

Ron
01-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
(01-08-2011, 08:41 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Oh my... I was worried some of the guys were not in "racing form" this year... and of course finances are always tight...

And now I am sorry to post that I won't make it either.... sigh... all I can say is next year..!

Cheers..!!

Ron

Shame to hear about Kevin - hope he is ok!

You're not going to ask amongst the modern riders/post classic boys/350 only guys then? I understand if not, but I'm sure there would be many ecstatic at the chance to ride such a nice bike. It is also a shame to lose another bike from the grid!

Best wishes,

David
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
Roy Richardson rides the Linton bikes now doesnt he
(01-08-2011, 08:41 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Oh my... I was worried some of the guys were not in "racing form" this year... and of course finances are always tight...

Cheers..!!

Ron

Sorry to read your news, you seemed all set and a fair bit excited too. What gone wrong?
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011, 02:57 PM by an old man returns.)
02-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Looks like Kevin (Irish Ago) Murphy had a spill at Jurby over the week-end and has suffered injuries including broken ribs and a broken shoulderblade.

Ago is in Ward 1 at Nobles, so anyone wishing to send a card, please direct it to there.

TTwebsite, would like to wish Ago the very best for a speedy and complete recovery.

Never mind Ago, there's always 2012.

02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Website Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Yes, I talked to Kevin a couple of times... sounds like he will be fine... I hope he is getting some good drugs to keep the pain away... cracked or broken ribs hurt.. I am sure a card would cheer him up... or maybe the nurses are taking care of that.... Ooops..! Big Grin

I had been contacted by a couple of riders.. but since my bike was not yet in transport I decided to abort this year... Some how it was just not meant to be... and I already feel like CR** not being there... those that know me, know that there is NO other place I would rather be late August, than on the IOM...!! And those that know me, heck even those that do not know me... I miss all of you already too... Just to be THERE... with all the people and all the bikes....

But I hope that the three Yanks coming over this year in the New Comers Race will bring back great memories and pictures to share... Oh yes, I may have two newbies for next year... Now please don't take advantage of these IOM Virgins..!!! Big Grin

But Ago will be back, and so will my bike and I..!!!

Have a safe and fun Manx...!!!

Ron
03-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Find Reply