FABRIZIO EAGER TO IMPROVE AT SILVERSTONE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABRIZIO EAGER TO IMPROVE AT SILVERSTONE
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Alstare Suzuki's Michel Fabrizio will be going all-out at this weekend's ninth-round World Superbike Championship race at Silverstone in the UK after failing to make the podium in last year's race.

The Italian finished fourth in the first race in 2010, DNF'd the second; and is determined that this year will be better.

The Northamptonshire circuit has seen a pit and media centre makeover since last year and the state-of-the arts pits will be a new experience for all the WSBK teams.

Michel Fabrizio:

"Last year I didn't start the first practice well - I was only 13th - but improved to fifth in the remaining practices and then finished Superpole with the third-best time to end on the front row of the grid. This year, I have not been very successful in Superpole, so I would be very happy to be on the front row of the grid at Silverstone.

"I know my race pace is very good, but that's not good enough when you have to start the races from the third or fourth rows of the grid because it's hard to make up the time on the leaders. Like many times this year, for me, the first practice will be spent learning the track on my Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000. Last year I was on a twin, so I will have to learn to ride the track on a four-cylinder and that will take a bit of getting used to. I am getting more and more comfortable with my bike as the season goes on and the team are doing a fantastic job. There is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes and at the track, so for sure I will be trying my best to get some good results for myself and the team this weekend."

2010 results:

Race 1:

1 Cal Crutchlow (GBR-Yamaha), 2 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda), 3 Leon Haslam (GBR-BMW), 4 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati).

Race 2:

1 Crutchlow, 2 Rea, 3 Leon Camier (GBR-Aprilia). Michel Fabrizio DNF.
27-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Website Find Reply