Honda TT Legends tackle the legendary Suzuka circuit for the first time
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends tackle the legendary Suzuka circuit for the first time
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

Honda TT Legends John McGuinness, Keith Amor and Cameron Donald entered uncharted territory today as they tackled the Suzuka Circuit in Japan for the first time. The trio of road racing experts will compete in Sunday’s Suzuka 8-hour race and today’s one-hour 50-minute free practice session offered a chance to get to grips with the famous track.

After heavy rainfall caused the session to be postponed, all three riders eventually took to the circuit and managed three stints apiece. Today’s aim was for the riders to familiarise themselves with the layout of the track and with 12 laps each under their belts, they are now better prepared for tomorrow’s qualifying sessions.

John McGuinness

For my first session I felt like a rabbit with the headlights on me the whole time! I wasn’t really sure which way to go, it was really tricky conditions - I had wet tyres on and the track was more or less bone-dry but with rivers running across it in certain places. I managed to get the feel for it though and it’s a great track to ride – it will be mega fun once I know what I’m doing. I’ve been watching all the boys ride round here for years and now here we are doing it. I just want to get back out there and have another burn!

Keith Amor

That was good fun. It’s a really, really technical track but I did enjoy it. At first it was a bit difficult in places with a few rivers running across the corners and those tight chicanes are tricky but other than that the track is brilliant. I’m just looking forward to getting back out there.

Cameron Donald

That was awesome! It’s such an exciting track, so technical and really good fun. I only ran across the grass twice in the tight chicanes in the first coupe of sessions but hopefully I can correct that. The times are dropping down slowly and I’m looking forward to getting back out there for qualifying tomorrow.
28-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Website Find Reply