Checa crosses channel for Silverstone clash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Checa crosses channel for Silverstone clash
[Image: altheahdr.gif]

After a three week break, the Superbikes are back in action this coming weekend at Silverstone in the UK; team Althea Racing and rider Carlos Checa will face this ninth round with the same determination that has seen them dominate the 2011 championship thus far.

Last time out, at the Czech track of Brno, Carlos was up on the podium in both races and arrives in the UK with a 30-point advantage in the rider's standings.

A brand new pit and paddock area awaits the Superbike circus in 2011 while the track layout itself remains as was in 2010. At a track where stiff competition will inevitably come in the shape of the British contingent, that took all six podium spots at this track last season, Checa will be looking to do all he can to extend his current championship lead.

"I really like the Silverstone track, despite the straights where we'll suffer a little" said Checa. "I'm however optimistic and excited to see the brand new paddock area and the changes that have been made in the last year. I have many British friends and if, as forecast, the weather stays good, it will no doubt be a great weekend. We will work as always to find the best possible set-up and I can say that I am revved up and feeling confident."
29-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Website Find Reply