Shakey: Desperate for Brands Hatch home victory
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: Desperate for Brands Hatch home victory
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

HM Plant Honda's Shane 'Shakey' Byrne is determined to get back to winning ways at his home circuit as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to Brands Hatch next weekend (5-7 August) for the first triple-header event of the season.

Byrne was victorious on the Indy circuit at the opening round earlier in the year and having not been on the top step of the podium since Thruxton he knows that he needs to outscore rivals John Hopkins and Tommy Hill next weekend. The battle for podium credits between the leading trio closed following Oulton Park and Byrne is now level with Hill on 16, with Hopkins just a single credit adrift with just six races remaining ahead of the Showdown.

Byrne said:

"I am obviously looking forward to Brands Hatch as it is my home round and I do have such good memories from there. I desperately want to win there and I know we have the Kawasaki World Superbike team also racing, but that won't change my goal and the races are going to be ones to watch! We won on the Indy circuit at the opening round but you can't really compare the two, all I know is that I need to concentrate solely on winning again as we haven't in the past rounds. I know we have had the pace but it just hasn't worked out, but Brands Hatch will be so important for the championship with three races and we will be pushing hard to make sure we stay ahead by the end of the three races."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is a triple-header round at Brands Hatch. Advance adult tickets for raceday cost from £25 online with children aged 12 and under free. Advance tickets are available until midday on Wednesday.

For more information and to book visit www.brandshatch.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Website Find Reply