Hopkins focused on BSB glory at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hopkins focused on BSB glory at Brands Hatch
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki's John Hopkins continues his impressive stint in three championships in as many weekends as the American now prepares to continue his attack on the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend (5-7 August).

Hopkins took a sensational pole position at the WSB round, which he followed up with a fifth and seventh place today (Sunday) and now with just days to go before the BSB triple-header on the Grand Prix circuit he is determined to consolidate his position in the Showdown. Hopkins currently lies second in the overall standings and just one Podium Credit adrift of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Tommy Hill but believes the extra time on the Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki will put him in a stronger position ahead of the weekend.

Hopkins said:

"After the WSB round I am now looking ahead to Brands Hatch and I am feeling good about the three BSB races this weekend. I think we raised our game again at Silverstone and that will be a benefit at the next round of BSB. I did everything we could at Silverstone and took a fifth and a seventh place, but it will benefit us later in the season when we return to Silverstone. I did some laps of the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit last week and I just got on well with the track and the team have the bike working really good. Brands Hatch is so important to the championship, with the round being three races and then the final round which will be the title decider also on the GP track later in the year. I can definitely see myself going quick there for the race and I am feeling confident that we can get the Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki back on the podium. I will be doing everything possible to win as always and we want to score as many top three finishes as possible for the championship. The standings are closer now after Oulton Park so I will be giving it my all this weekend that's for sure."

02-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Website Find Reply