Hill: We can’t just settle for points we need wins
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill: We can’t just settle for points we need wins
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Tommy Hill has now won more races this season than his nearest title rivals in the fight for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and as he prepares to return to his home round at Brands Hatch, he is ready to come out fighting for the Swan Yamaha team.

Hill was victorious in the single Oulton Park race to take his tally to four wins, which is one more than standings leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and double that of John Hopkins. Hill knows that the Podium Credits available this weekend will prove vital as the countdown continues to the Showdown and claims he won't settle for safe points in his quest to win a maiden BSB crown.

Hill said:

"It's great to be heading back to Brands Hatch again and as it's my local circuit I always get great support there. I think we are all raring to go now after having the second race at Oulton Park postponed due to the weather so we want to get back out even more! It is getting close to the Showdown now but with three races we can't settle for points, we need the wins and podiums to remain in the top six and rack up those podium credits as they are so important. We need to push hard and we need three good races; we won on the Indy circuit earlier in the year so I won't be aiming for anything less for Swan Yamaha."
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply