Seeley out to make amends
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley out to make amends
[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

Relentless TAS Suzuki’s British Supersport title challenger Alastair Seeley hopes to make amends at Brands Hatch this weekend after he was robbed of victory at Oulton Park.

Seeley was squeezed out on the dash to the line by Billy McConnell after leading for much of the race at the previous round and he is intent on putting the disappointment of his last lap mugging behind at Brands.

“After missing out in that second race at Oulton I’m really looking forward to Brands,” Seeley said.

“I was strong there last year on the Superbike with a win and I think the circuit will suit both my style and the new GSX-R600.

“I’ve been busy training this past few weeks riding trials and motocross with Josh [Brookes] and Gordon Crockard, so I’m fighting fit and raring to get stuck in.”

Seeley had been linked to an appearance at next weekend’s Ulster Grand Prix, but Noel Johnston - who was hopeful of tying up a deal to bring the Carrick rider to Dundrod - has confirmed the plans have been shelved.

Seeley has previously competed at Dundrod and Johnston remains confident the 31-year-old will compete at the ‘Prix’ in the future.

In the Superbike class, Relentless Suzuki’s Josh Brookes is aiming to continue on an upward trajectory after a run of improved results.

Shane Byrne leads the series from John Hopkins and Tommy Hill.
05-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Website Find Reply