Good race tough grid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Good race tough grid
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

James Westmoreland produced one of his best races too date with a battling 6th position in tricky conditions today at Brands Hatch in Kent.

The 8th round of the British Superbike series held on the classic Brands Hatch GP circuit scheduled in a triple race format with the first race being held after qualifying on Saturday

After a solid qualifying session James kept his 100% record in tact when he qualified for the final ten shoot out eventually claiming 8th position for the first race, the fastest laps of the race then gives the grid for the second and third races which proved to be not the best for James!

Once again the British Summertime weather played its part with a down pour just as the Superbikes began to form their grid; eventually the race got started with many riders opting for different types of Pirelli tyres. James gambled on an intermediate tyre which proved to be the best combination as many other top riders got it wrong.

Battling from a cautious first few laps James managed to finish in a strong sixth position and one of his best rides this season.

Unfortunately for James many riders who got the tyre choice wrong forsake a race position and pitted to swap for soft tyres and a chance to qualify for the second race. James along with Josh Brookes the race winner will now start from the 4th row for tomorrows race!

“I am a bit frustrated to be honest, I missed the jump at the start, I got distracted when Michael Rutter did a burn out as the lights came on! I had a good race and came through from 15th on lap one, the guys who got the tyre choice right have been penalised now for race two with so many coming in to get soft slicks on for a lap time. I love this track though and feel pretty strong so hopefully we can get a result and a lap time for race three”!

James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha 6th position race 1

“Westy has had a much better all weekend, we have asked him to step up in all areas for this weekend, three races is tough and without a teammate even tougher. He has been solid and 6th was a good result in difficult conditions. The format for the second race grid may need a tweak as it penalises the guys who get the get the tyre gamble at the start of the race right. If he can stay out of trouble in the early laps I am sure we can have our best weekend of the year”

Rob Mac Team Manager Motorpoint Yamaha
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Website Find Reply