RELENTLESS SUZUKI DOUBLE WIN AT BRANDS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RELENTLESS SUZUKI DOUBLE WIN AT BRANDS
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing went one-one in both British Superbike and British Supersport classes today at the Brands Hatch BSB Triple-Header:

Australian Josh Brookes claimed his first-ever BSB victory in Suzuki livery - moving into fifth place in the Championship standings with an astute tyre choice - and Ulsterman Alastair Seeley sealed another great victory for the team aboard his GSX-R600 Suzuki.

The only tinge of disappointment for Brookes is having to do all the hard work again tomorrow from the fourth-row-of-the-grid, despite his victory: Some of his rivals - who eventually finished outside the points - came in to change tyres, helping them post somewhat contentious front row grid positions for tomorrow's second outing.

After taking the British Supersport Pole on his GSX-R600, Seeley went on to take his fourth victory of the season - from 10 podiums to date - ahead of Championship leader Ben Wilson. Seeley has reduced the deficit in the Championship standings to 48 points. Race two takes place tomorrow.

Josh Brookes:

"The bike was perfect for the conditions and despite many other riders also on intermediate tyres; I didn't have any problems at all; even on the first four or five laps when water was still visible. I was confident to push and I had to because I was starting from row four. It proves how good a team we have to work through these conditions, but I'm disappointed at having to start from the fourth row again tomorrow."

Alastair Seeley:

"That's one part of the job done this weekend and it's always nice to take another win for the all-new GSX-R600. I've closed the gap on Ben a little today and will be looking to do a similar job tomorrow, although it would be good to have some of the other boys in the mix to create an ever bigger gap in the points at the end of the weekend if we can pull off another win. Four wins from 10 podiums shows the strength we have in depth and I believe we'll get stronger and mount a serious challenge on the run-in."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We have had both bitter and sweet memories from our time racing at Brands Hatch. There have been some very tough days but others with wins in Superstock and Supersport; and of course that first Superbike victory here last year with Alastair.

"Obviously we are over the moon to see Josh getting his first win for the team after such a big effort and many ups-and-downs, but days like this keeps everyone pushing on and striving for success. Along with Josh, we made the correct tyre choice. He rode superbly and never looked like he was going to be beaten.

"For Alastair, it was another superb display of brilliance, but fair play to Ben Wilson - he tried very hard. Alastair is a smart 'wee cookie' and covered every move on the last lap. It's been a great day for our team and all our sponsors; so a big thank you to Suzuki, Relentless, Worx, Beacon Security, Red Torpedo and all our other faithful sponsors."

British Superbike Championship - race one result:

1.Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
2.Michael Rutter (Ducati) +2.072s
3.Gary Mason (Kawasaki) +2.322s
4.John Hopkins [Suzuki) +6.022s
5.Chris Walker (Kawasaki) +8.111s
6.James Westmoreland (Yamaha) +10.783s
7.Graeme Gowland (Honda) +11.626s
8.Michael Laverty (Yamaha) +18.849s
9.Jon Kirkham (Suzuki) +22.729s
10.Glen Richards [Honda) +26.227s

Brands Schedule - Sunday [GP Circuit]

1.15pm: BSB Race 2 [20 laps]
3.35pm: Supersport Race 2 [18 laps]