BRANDS DOUBLE FOR SEELEY AND GSX-R600
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRANDS DOUBLE FOR SEELEY AND GSX-R600
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Alastair Seeley produced a masterful performance at Brands Hatch in Kent today taking his fifth British Supersport victory of the season and his second series 'Double' of 2011 for the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team.

The Carrickfergus rider also reduced the deficit over series leader Ben Wilson to 43 points after his perfect 50-point haul on the all-new GSX-R600 Suzuki - and in the process recorded the fastest lap of the race.

Seeley has now won Superstock, Superbike and Supersport races in consecutive years at the Brands Hatch circuit.

Alastair Seeley:

"I really enjoyed that tussle today with Ben and although there was some contact, it wasn't dangerous and reminded me of my motocross days. Rubbing is racing as they say and although the lap times were not spectacular, we got the job done. I'm now looking forward to moving on to Cadwell Park and keeping the pressure on. This Championship is far from over yet."

Philip Neill - Team Manager

"Alastair was simply superb in possibly one of the best races we've ever witnessed in British Championship. Fair play to Ben, as he really doesn't want to finish second, but once again Alastair would simply not settle for anything less than the win. He's only a small lad but his performance today proved that he will not be pushed around."

British Supersport Championship - Race two results:

1. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
2. Ben Wilson (Kawasaki) +0.030s
3. Matthew Whitman (Triumph) +4.893s
4. Jack Kennedy (Yamaha) + 4.897s
5. Paul Young (Triumph) +5.402s

British Supersport Championship standings (after round 8):

1. Ben Wilson (Kawasaki) 308
2. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 265
3. Billy McConnell (Triumph) 148
4. Paul Young (Triumph) 141
5. Sam Warren (Yamaha) 140
08-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply