SEASON’S BEST FOR TINMOUTH AT BRANDS HATCH!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SEASON’S BEST FOR TINMOUTH AT BRANDS HATCH!
[Image: jennytheader2011.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth has taken her best result of the season at round eight of the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship held at Brands Hatch last weekend. Riding her Manx Glass and Glazing backed Honda CBR600RR she battled her way to fifteenth position overall in Sunday’s feature race, collecting her first championship point of the season as she continues to grow in confidence having returned to Britain’s premier 600cc class.

With just one ‘official test’ session on the Friday which took place on the 1.2 mile Brands Hatch Indy circuit, Jenny made good use of the 30 minutes to bed in new brakes, and still managed a respectable lap time which placed her inside the top twenty.

The supersport competitors were the first to be let loose on the 2.43 mile Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit early on Saturday morning for their free practice which Jenny completed with no major issues.

Despite her best efforts, qualifying didn’t go quite how Jenny would have liked, and she would end up in 24th place on the outside of row six for the ten lap sprint race. A few issues with the bike were discovered after analysing the data and the team worked to improve the bike for the race that afternoon. As the 36 competitors negotiated Paddock Hill bend on the opening lap, an incident involving several riders happened right in front of Jenny which compromised her position significantly. Spending the entire race bridging the gap to the group ahead she would just run out of laps and finish in 29th place less than a bike length behind her nearest rival at the chequered flag.

Sunday’s 18 lap feature race was delayed as serious incidents on two separate occasions brought out the red flag whilst riders were attended to at trackside. At the third attempt the race had now been reduced to 12 laps and with several injured riders missing, Jenny would start from 19th place on the grid. As the lights went out to start the race Jenny made a good start and soon got into her stride. As the race progressed she would become involved in a close battle with David Paton and Adam Blacklock, eventually taking a hard fought 15th place and her first championship point.

“I’m pleased with the weekend’s results; we had a few issues during practice and qualifying but overcame them before Sunday’s race. The race was full of incidents, having been restarted twice, and I was lucky not to have been tangled up in any of the crashes. So, to come away with my first championship point of the season is a good result. I still want to be further up the grid during qualifying as this will give me a better chance come race day, and now that we have resolved a few set up issues we can hopefully make more progress. The next round is at Cadwell Park, and I just can’t wait to get racing again! I would like to say a huge thank you to Manx Glass and Glazing and all my sponsors and supporters.”

- Jenny Tinmouth -
11-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Website Find Reply