All change for Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
All change for Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

The 2011 British Superbikes season has been one of mixed fortunes for the Motorpoint Yamaha team, with circumstances beyond its control leading to unforeseen complications.

With just four rounds remaining, the Rob McElnea team needs to push for the best possible end to the year in order to recognise the massive support from fans and partners of the team alike.

With Loris Baz being forced out of the rest of the season due to his personal financial difficulties and fellow team member, James Westmoreland struggling to find top ten form throughout the year, Rob has taken the difficult decision to look elsewhere to inject new spark into the team.

For the remaining four rounds, James Westmoreland will be replaced by Tommy Bridewell, who recently enjoyed a great testing session for the team. It is Rob’s intention to have the team back to a full two rider line up as soon as possible, meaning a second replacement rider will hopefully be announced in due course.

Rob Mac said;

“Another very frustrating season with so much potential not able to be fulfilled. With the current climate, most of the teams are running very tight budgets and all are keen to give a good return for their backers and fans.

“I thought we had a very strong line up, young hungry riders full of determination, but with financial issues ruining Loris’s year and Westy on his own and unable to find his form, the team was struggling for results.

“I have to try and put a show on for everyone and feel a new injection of enthusiasm and motivation will help the team achieve the best results I know it is capable of, and with Tommy we have exactly that. We want to get back to finishing the year with a two man team and are working on finding him a partner.

“I am sorry for James, he has the potential no question but with all our scenarios we have run out of time and need to try something new”.
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Website Find Reply