Bridewell is back: Cadwell Park return with Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell is back: Cadwell Park return with Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: motorpointhdr.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell will return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship grid for the remaining four rounds of the season after joining the Motorpoint Yamaha team following a test at Cadwell Park earlier this week as James Westmoreland parts company with the team.

Bridewell secured a podium finish at the opening event of the season at Brands Hatch, but split with the Tyco Honda following the Knockhill round and has since been determined to return to the championship. Team Owner Rob McElnea has also confirmed that James Westmoreland has been released from the team but the intention remains to have a two rider line up, meaning a second replacement rider will hopefully be announced in due course.

Motorpoint Yamaha team owner Rob McElnea concluded:

"It has been another very frustrating season with so much potential not able to be fulfilled. With the current climate, most of the teams are running very tight budgets and all are keen to give a good return for their backers and fans. I thought we had a very strong line up, young hungry riders full of determination, but with financial issues ruining Loris year and Westy on his own and unable to find his form, the team was struggling for results.

"I have to try and put a show on for everyone and feel a new injection of enthusiasm and motivation will help the team achieve the best results I know it is capable of, and with Tommy we have exactly that. We want to get back to finishing the year with a two man team and are working on finding him a partner. I am sorry for James, he has the potential no question but with all our scenarios we have run out of time and need to try something new."

Book in advance now for the August Bank Holiday round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park for discounted tickets.

Weekend admission for all three days is just £30 online in advance with children aged 12 and under free.

Weekend camping is £20 per person and only a handful of places are remaining.

For more information and to book visit www.cadwellpark.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.
13-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Website Find Reply