GUY MARTIN & SUZUKI ON POLE POSITION FOR ULSTER GRAND PRIX
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GUY MARTIN & SUZUKI ON POLE POSITION FOR ULSTER GRAND PRIX
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Guy Martin will start the Ulster Grand Prix Superbike race from pole position on his GSX-R1000 Suzuki at the famous Dundrod Circuit in Northern Ireland. Despite difficult conditions during practice and qualifying, Martin is confident of making the most from his grid positions during Saturday's five races. In addition to his Superbike pole, Guy will start P2 in the Superstock race and P5 in both Supersport races.

Unfortunately for the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team, Thursday’s Superbike race - although declared a wet race - was red flagged on the second lap of a scheduled five. Guy Martin was holding what looked like an unassailable 9.5-second advantage at the time of the stoppage, but is upbeat about repeating his performance in tomorrow’s UGP races.

Guy Martin

“My bike was so good in that race… honestly my gran could have ridden it. So yes we’re disappointed not to have got the change to start the Ulster off with a win. As usual the weather has been a bit of nightmare, but we’ll battle on. I can honestly say I never had one moment in that race. I didn’t see a red flag until the hairpin on lap two but that’s the way it goes. We’ve not touched a thing on any of the bikes since we got here; they are just mint, so hopefully we’ll be right up for the job when it matters.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager

“We’ve been on the pace in every session, even though the weather has been changeable and just as Guy says: we haven’t changed a thing on the bikes, which again is testament to the quality and reliability of Suzuki’s GSX-R machinery and the boys in our team who are preparing them.

“I have to be honest and say I’m really not sure why the Superbike race was stopped on Thursday. It was declared a wet race and I’m not aware of any incident and everyone had the chance to pull off the grid if they didn't fancy racing, which some did and fair play to them. I did tell Guy to have a look on lap one and if he was unhappy to continue he was to pull in. But instead he pulled out a lead of almost ten seconds and said he didn’t have a single moment, so of course we are a bit disappointed.

“On the positive side, we have posted good qualifying positions for all classes, so hopefully the weather doesn’t play its part too much and ruin what could be a great day of racing at the Ulster Grand Prix for TAS Racing and all our sponsors.”

Saturday Race Schedule
Race 1 - Superstock Race
Race 2 - Supersport Race 1
Race 3A – 250cc Race
Race 3B – Super Twins Race
Race 4 - UGP Superbike Race
Race 5 - Supersport Race 2
Race 6 - Superbike Race 2

You can tune in LIVE on BBC Radio Ulster from10.30am [1341MW] or on 92-95FM from 1pm

13-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Website Find Reply