William Dunlop UGP Practice Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop UGP Practice Report
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Wilson Craig Honda rider William Dunlop put in three solid Qualifying sessions in Thursdays McKinstry Skip Hire Ulster Grand Prix practice, which was held in diabolical conditions around the 7.4 mile Dundrod Circuit in Co-Antrim.

Heavy rain, and swirling low cloud meant that the start of Qualifying had to be delayed until a window was found in the weather, which when it did appear, still left the Grand Prix circuit very damp and wet in places, which in turn caused havoc with tyre selection during those qualifying sessions.

In the Superbike session, William managed to snatch 5th fastest time for a second row start in Saturdays races, while a fourth fastest time in the Supersport 600 class, and 3rd fastest in the Superstock class, will see the Wilson Craig Honda rider line up on the front row of the grid in Saturdays races.

William Dunlop:

"Those where really difficult conditions out there today, and at times I felt like pulling in. The biggest problem was with the Superbike in qualifying when we seemed to be shredding the rear tyre as a bit of a dry line was appearing. I think everyone, including Michael (Dunlop) had the same problem but we stuck a new rear Dunlop in the bike with about five minutes left to run, and managed to pull my self up from 18th place to 5th on the grid which I was happy about.

Again, the Supersport 600 practice was very damp and slippery around the circuit, and I really just wanted a front row start, so I managed to get that. It was a case of more of the same in the Stock session where I went third fastest, and I really think I am in with a good chance in all the races on Saturday if it would just dry up a bit. The stock bike is really feeling good and she was clocked at 182mph in the speed trap, so she is defiantly quick enough for the job in hand. All we need now is for some dry weather on Saturday".

13-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Website Find Reply