Mason: Top six is ours to gain and others to lose
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mason: Top six is ours to gain and others to lose
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

MSS Colchester Kawasaki's Gary Mason claims he is not feeling the pressure ahead of the Title Fighter decider at Cadwell Park this August Bank Holiday weekend as he believes that a position in the top six is his to gain and the other riders to lose who current sit inside the all-important cut.

The top three in the standings have secured their position in the fight for the 2011 crown over the final three Showdown rounds, but mathematically eight riders could still snatch the final three Title Fighter positions. Mason currently lies eighth in the overall standings, 20 points adrift of defending champion Ryuichi Kiyonari in sixth but knows that with three races a strong performance next weekend could catapult him back into title contention.

Mason said:

"I can't wait for Cadwell Park, it has been business as usual for me with my training since Brands Hatch and I know that this next round will be so important. In the time off I have also been to visit Stuart (Easton) and we went to the Steve Hislop memorial, which was significant for me as he was my team-mate in the early days and I learnt from him. He won BSB titles and I know next weekend that I need three strong finishes to stand a chance of also being in with a shot of the title.

"I know we are capable of three strong results at Cadwell Park and people can see that from the podiums and the pace we have run already this season. The team have been working behind the scenes for this round and I think we will have some improvements that hopefully will make us even stronger. I have been unlucky with a few issues this season, but I know that we have all been preparing even harder than ever for this round.

"I don't feel the pressure of the Showdown; I think it is on the riders in the top six that could still lose their place. I have nothing to lose and all to gain currently so who knows what will happen at Cadwell Park with three races! The track should suit the Kawasaki as the character is to hold tight lines, something we know the MSS Colchester Kawasaki can do. I know some other people have tested there, but to be honest I know my way around the track and with team work we can be up there fighting for those podiums."
18-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Website Find Reply