Costello Revved Up For Manx Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Costello Revved Up For Manx Grand Prix
[Image: mariacmanx2011.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE, the BERING motorcycle leathers ambassador, is returning to the Isle of Man, after a successful TT, to compete on two very different classic machines at this year’s Manx Grand Prix.

The former TT female lap record holder will be competing on a two-stroke around the TT course for the first time in her career when she contends a Bob Jackson Suzuki T20 in the 350/250 Classic Grand Prix on Monday 29th August.

Her second steed is the familiar Steve Wheatman owned Suzuki XR69. Maria was denied a podium finish, on this bike, last year when the steering damper bolt broke. Maria is therefore keen to be reacquainted with a bike she feels she has unfinished business with and hopes to improve on her 2010 5th place, in the newly titled Classic Superbike race on Friday 2nd September.

Costello’s enduring passion for the 37.73 miles of real roads that make up the TT course will be further boosted by working with seven times TT winner Mick Grant, TT podium finisher Bob Jackson, mechanic Paul Boulton & sponsor Steve Wheatman who are all supporting her efforts at this year’s event.

Maria added,

‘The opposition will be tough, the XR69 a challenge to ride and the T20 two-stroke will be a whole new experience but I’ll relish every lap, especially with the dream team I have supporting me. I can’t wait!’

Maria will continue her support of CoppaFeel!, her chosen charity of 2011, by displaying CoppaFeel! logos on the XR69 & T20 race bikes and by collecting donations in CoppaFeel! collection tins.

Costello adds,

‘TT race fans were really generous and we collected a brilliant £160 in the CoppaFeel! collection tins in June. If we get the same at the Manx I’ll be over the moon.’

For more information about the charity go to: www.coppafeel.org

Maria will commence practice for the Manx Grand Prix on Monday 22nd August. Visit www.manxgrandprix.org for more Manx Grand Prix Festival information.
19-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Website Find Reply