Laverty: I think I am safe for the Showdown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty: I think I am safe for the Showdown
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Swan Yamaha's Michael Laverty currently sits in a strong fourth place in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings ahead of Cadwell Park next weekend and is ready to come out fighting for podiums next weekend in his bid to secure his place as a second Title Fighter for the Swan Yamaha team.

Laverty is the first of the riders in the overall standings currently to not be safe from missing out on the top six, but he feels strongly that he will be joining Shane 'Shakey' Byrne, John Hopkins and team-mate Tommy Hill in the Showdown fight for the title barring any disasters. Laverty knows though that he needs to return to the podium in the three races next weekend, as he has currently secured just four podium credits following his victory at Thruxton and third place at Knockhill.

Laverty said:

"I see my place as quite safe really barring any major disasters in the three races next weekend. I need to be in the Showdown and I think we can have a strong round at Cadwell Park and hopefully we can claw back some of those podium credits we have missed out on at the last few rounds. We need to approach the weekend as one big test ahead of the Showdown and finding that minuscule one or two percent gap to the front three that we were missing at Brands Hatch. It isn't a lot but it will make all the difference in being able to challenge them for the victories. We are in with a shot of the race wins and I want to get the Swan Yamaha back on the podium before the Showdown as those extra credits could prove vital at the end of the season."
20-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Website Find Reply