HARRIS LEADS SPLITLATH’S EVO CHARGE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HARRIS LEADS SPLITLATH’S EVO CHARGE
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport’s Karl Harris will lead the team’s double assault on the Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo Championship at Cadwell Park this weekend. The squad will now concentrate on the Evo class of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship for the remainder of the season.

Harris and new signing John Simpson are gearing up for a good weekend as Round Nine roars into triple-header action at the Lincolnshire track, having tested their Aprilia RSV4 machines there last week.

Ahead of his third meeting with the Wales-based outfit, Harris is looking forward to getting some of his trademark air time over the circuit’s famous Mountain section.

“I’m well-up for this one, I love Cadwell Park and always have great fun there. I absolutely love the Mountain, I had a great time getting the RSV4 over there last week so I can’t wait to get out there with the Evo boys.

“We had a good test there and I’m definitely a lot happier with the bike. I’m pleased we’ve decided to run Evo and I think it’s going to suit us a lot more. We’ve got three races and I’m hoping to get it on the podium. It’s going to be a fun weekend.”

Simpson, who will also be concentrating on extending his lead in the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup on the T3 Racing Triumph, is keen to get his first Superbike race under his belt.

“It’s going to be very new for me but I’m excited. I hadn’t ridden a 1000cc until I tested with Splitlath last week, but I loved it. Cadwell Park is a great track and I think we can have a great weekend.

“I’m not going with any huge expectations, but I don’t see why we can’t have a great couple of races.”

Team Principal John Dimbylow added:

“The team are fired up and ready for Cadwell. Karl was a big hit last weekend with his antics over the mountain so we’re looking forward to some fun and games this week.

“John has his Supersport commitments which must remain his priority, but we’re looking forward to seeing what he can achieve on our machine and we’re all looking forward to working with him.”

*Round Nine of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship takes place this weekend, August 27-29, 2011 at Cadwell Park and will feature three races, including the rescheduled event from Oulton Park last month.

27-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Website Find Reply