Kiyo crashes but positive will bounce back
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo crashes but positive will bounce back
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Defending MCE Insurance British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari was back near the sharp end at Cadwell Park today during the two free practice sessions at Cadwell Park and despite a crash at the Mountain in this afternoon's second session he admits he is positive that he can have a strong result to maintain his current position in the Showdown.

Kiyonari had been fourth fastest in the dry morning session and showing some of the determination that has already taken him to three BSB titles as he prepares for his toughest weekend of the season as he bids to secure his place as a Title Fighter in the Showdown. This afternoon Kiyonari was again running inside the top five until a crash at the bottom of the Mountain saw him end the session on the sidelines, but determined that tomorrow he can claim a strong finish at his home round.

Kiyo said:

"It is good to be back at Cadwell Park today as this is my home track and last week we tested and we tried very hard to make improvements. Today we made a little step forward and that felt good, but it wasn't too easy this afternoon to continue so much with changes as the conditions kept changing although it is the same for everyone. It was half wet and half dry and we were working hard with the electronics again and maybe I had too much confidence and just pushed too hard because I crashed at the Mountain. I just exited the bottom and as I got on the power I high-sided which was very disappointing for me to finish the session like that. I am a bit sore but at the same time I have a positive feeling for tomorrow. I don't know why exactly but I do. I know the track and I know what I need to do in the races and that is to stay inside the top six for the Showdown. We haven't had any major problems here so I want to have a good race tomorrow."

[Image: kiyocadwelloff.jpg]
28-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Website Find Reply