Tech 3 Racing Team signs three-year deal with Bradley Smith
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tech 3 Racing Team signs three-year deal with Bradley Smith
[Image: tech3hdr.jpg]

The Tech 3 Racing Team is delighted to announce it has reached a three-year agreement with highly rated British rider Bradley Smith, who will remain in Moto2 for 2012 before graduating to the MotoGP class for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Smith's new contract will see him remain with the Tech 3 Racing Team in the ultra-competitive Moto2 World Championship in 2012.

He will then move to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP Team for 2013 and 2014 having agreed the long-term deal with Tech 3 owner Herve Poncharal during last weekend's MotorLand Aragón race.

The 20 year-old has been one of the star performers in this year's Moto2 World Championship, showcasing the high potential of the Tech 3 Racing Mistral 610 with three podium finishes, including a best of second position in his home race at Silverstone in June.

Smith has also claimed four other top six finishes and with four rounds of the campaign left, he remains firmly in the hunt for a fantastic third position in the overall rankings.

Completing the Tech 3 Racing Moto2 line-up in 2012 will be Xavier Simeon. The Belgian rider has gained a wealth of experience riding the Tech 3 Mistral 610 machine in his rookie campaign in 2011, and he is looking forward to building on his close relationship with the French-based squad.

Simeon has scored points in three races to date, including a best result of 12th in the Mugello round. The 22 year-old will continue to be supported by RTL-Sport in Belgium.

Bradley Smith:

“I am thrilled to have signed a three-year deal with the Tech 3 Racing Team and I am looking forward to continuing the excellent relationship we've developed in 2011. I have a fantastic relationship with Herve, my crew chief Tom Jojic and all my crew, who all have an amazing passion for racing. It is that dedication and desire to succeed that convinced me to join Tech 3 in 2011, so to be staying until the end of 2014 is the perfect scenario for me. There was never any doubt in my mind that Tech 3 would be the best option to develop my career.

It has been flattering to have attracted interest from so many top teams in Moto2, but the opportunity to move to MotoGP in 2013 was simply too good for me to turn down. To think I'll be riding a Yamaha 1000cc MotoGP bike just over a year from now is hard to believe. I've worked so hard for many years to earn the chance to be given an opportunity like this, and now it has come I intend to grab it with both hands.

Tech 3 gave me the chance to move to MotoGP in 2012 and it was an honour to be even considered at this stage of my career. The decision to stay in Moto2 was one of the hardest of my life but I believe that together, we can be fighting at the front from the start of next season and pushing to challenge for the Championship.”

Herve Poncharal – Team Manager:

“It gives me enormous pleasure to confirm that Tech 3 has signed a three-year agreement with Bradley Smith. Without doubt, we have managed to secure the services of one of the brightest young talents in the world and I am thrilled that Bradley has put his trust in Tech 3 to help him accomplish his dream of racing in MotoGP.

We know he had a lot of interest inside the paddock because of the way he has performed this season, so it is a big compliment to Tech 3 that he chose to commit himself to us until the end of 2014 at least. Bradley has made an immediate impact in Moto2 this year and we all know it is a very difficult class. The rules mean that rider talent plays a crucial role in determining the results, and Bradley has shown he has the speed, talent and commitment to match the best. He has shown the true potential of the Mistral 610 machine with some phenomenal performances this season, and we are in no doubt that in 2012 he can be a genuine title contender before he makes the step to MotoGP.

One more year in Moto2 will help him gain more valuable experience, so that when he moves to our MotoGP Team in 2013, he will be immediately competitive. I am convinced that with Bradley's long-term commitment to Tech 3 Racing that we can look forward to a long and successful relationship together.

I'm also pleased to have signed Xavier Simeon. He has shown a lot of promise in 2011 and I'm sure next year he can be consistently finishing in the points and I want to thank RTL-Sport in Belgium for their continued support.”
20-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Website Find Reply