Swan Yamaha set for Silverstone title fight back
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Yamaha set for Silverstone title fight back
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

The Swan Yamaha team are preparing for the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown as Tommy Hill and Michael Laverty target victories this weekend (23-25 September) as the title fight reaches Silverstone.

Hill took a double podium finish at the first Showdown round at Donington Park and currently lies just three points adrift of John Hopkins who leads the standings with five races still remaining. Laverty meanwhile is aiming to close the deficit as he sits fourth overall, 36 points behind the championship leader. He had taken a strong second place in the opening race of the Showdown but finished fourteenth in race two following a clash on the opening lap that saw him crash and then rejoin with a determined ride.

Hill said:

"I am ready for Silverstone and the next two races; coming from a consistent last round at Donington Park I want to go better again this weekend. The points and two podiums were important there for the championship but at this point of the season we need to be winning and staying ahead of the other Title Fighters. We need to find a little bit extra for Silverstone, but we know from the World Superbike round that the Yamahas had a good pace there, so hopefully we can replicate that when we kick things off with free practice. Again, it doesn't worry me that other teams have been to Silverstone already, as we know we have a good starting point and we will only improve before the races. It is important now that we step up the game again and move forward to try and takes those two wins. If anything finishing second at the last round has made me even hungrier for wins at Silverstone."

Laverty said:

"I am looking forward to Silverstone, obviously what happened at Donington Park wasn't what we needed but we know that the Swan Yamaha has potential for strong results at Silverstone. I like the circuit and what has already happened in the Showdown is now behind us as it is just one of those things and we can't dwell on it. Hopkins has a bit of a head start after competing there earlier in the season at the World Superbike event, but I am sure it won't take us long to get up to speed. I am approaching Silverstone the same way I did for Donington Park and now I think there is less pressure on me. If anything I need to be less cautious as I just need to go for it as I don't have an advantage to defend. I have to win every race and the pressure is on the leading three as they now have more to lose. I feel relaxed going to Silverstone; we have proved we have the pace and the potential so I will be fighting all the way for the Swan Yamaha team."

22-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Website Find Reply