Hill beats Hopkins in race two ahead of title Showdown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill beats Hopkins in race two ahead of title Showdown
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tommy Hill fought hard for a second place in race two at Silverstone as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship builds up to the title decider at Brands Hatch in two weeks' time, with the Swan Yamaha rider just eight points adrift of leader John Hopkins.

Hill had been pushing hard, but after missing out on victory in both races the Lingfield rider was left disappointed as he prepares for the final end of season Showdown at his home round of Brands Hatch. Hill had been running in the top three before taking the lead on the ninth lap as he aimed to keep Hopkins behind him. However he couldn't fend off the hard-charging Brookes and a second place leaves him in a threatening position ahead of the final three races.

Hill said:

"I have mixed emotions for that race as I was pleased that I had John (Hopkins) behind me for the championship, but also I want to win that race badly for myself and the Swan Yamaha team. We had a few issues with set up this weekend and I did struggle with grip but I knew I just had to push on because every point counts. Josh (Brookes) came past me and I wanted to have a go but the championship tapped me on the back of my head and I knew that the points would be critical coming in to Brands Hatch and the last three races."

26-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Website Find Reply