Hill: We can’t underestimate any of our rivals
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill: We can’t underestimate any of our rivals
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill arrives at the Brands Hatch season finale this weekend (7-9 October) with just eight points separating him from championship leader John Hopkins and after coming so close to a maiden title last year, the leading British hope firmly believes that they are in a stronger position ahead of the three title-deciding races.

Hill has not yet won a race in the opening two rounds of the Showdown, but a consistent run of nine podium finishes shows that consistency has paid off and now he has to return to the winning form he showed at the Kent circuit back in August in a bid to defeat American Hopkins.

Hill said:

"Brands Hatch is it; the three most important races of the season and everyone is focused on the weekend. We all love the Grand Prix circuit and everyone in the Swan Yamaha team will be doing everything we can to come away as champions. We have moved forward since the round there in August when we won and this is the weekend where we need to step everything up again; this is the last chance and we really want this title.

"We can't underestimate any of our rivals as everyone is going to be pushing hard. Last year was a different scenario; I am trying to be more relaxed this year compared to the final round last season. I know I am mentally ready for the weekend and last year I hope people understand that I crashed because of how hard I was fighting and how much I wanted to win the BSB title. I will be coming out fighting as hard as I can to win again this weekend and hopefully that will be enough to be the 2011 champions."

05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Website Find Reply