Danny Buchan rides for Gearlink Kawasaki in Sunflower Trophy races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Danny Buchan rides for Gearlink Kawasaki in Sunflower Trophy races
[Image: sunflowerhdr2011.jpg]

Kawasaki Team Green rider Danny Buchan continues his exciting year with a run-out at the famous Sunflower Trophy event in Northern Ireland this weekend, for top Supersport 600 outfit Gearlink Kawasaki.

Eighteen year old Danny will stand-in for Supersport star Ben Wilson at this traditional end of season event with a host of big name riders to compete against, including the previous two British Supersport Champions Alastair Seeley and Sam Lowes.

[Image: dannybuchan1.jpg]

Danny, who last week secured second place in the Metzeler National Superstock series was excited to be asked to ride by such a well known and competitive team; “That came as quite a surprise to be honest, I was just on my end of year fishing trip in France and got a call to say did I want to ride at the Sunflower for Gearlink Kawasaki. As fast as I could pack up bait and rods I was on my way back! Big thanks to Michael de Bidaph for thinking of me, I hope I can do the ride justice.”

Gearlink Kawasaki team owner Michael de Bidaph added “Due to unfortunate personal circumstances Ben can’t ride at the Sunflower and we wanted to have a good showing there so our first thoughts were for Danny. He’s linked to Kawasaki and knows the Ninja ZX6R well, albeit in a lesser state of tune. For sure he’ll be very competitive and we’ll work to get him up to speed.”

The 2011 Sunflower Event will be the very first race to take part on the brand new Bishopscourt International Circuit which runs to 2.136 miles, with racing scheduled for Saturday.

20-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Website Find Reply