Third row for Bautista at a sweltering Sepang
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Third row for Bautista at a sweltering Sepang
[Image: rizlasuzukiihdr.jpg]

Rizla Suzuki’s Álvaro Bautista will start tomorrow’s Shell Advance Malaysian Grand Prix from the middle of the third row after qualifying in eighth.

Bautista has been consistently in the top six all weekend and occupied a front row grid spot with less than a quarter of the qualifying session remaining. He put in a fresh softer rear compound tyre to make an attack and consolidate, or better, his provisional position, but got held up in traffic and couldn’t find a clean lap - while other riders capitalised and produced better times. Despite being on the third row, Batista’s race pace is very promising and a good start in tomorrow’s race could easily see the Spaniard running with the front group.

Álvaro Bautista:

I'm not very happy with the position, because all weekend we have been in the top six and that's what I expected this afternoon. We have a good rhythm compared to some of the other riders and when I put the first soft rear in the bike to make a fast lap I did it alone and I got up to third position. On the last tyre I tried to follow some riders to try and get some tenths to make sure I got at least on the second row, but I didn’t find anybody and also didn’t concentrate enough to do a lap by myself. I am happy with my race pace and the feeling from the bike, but I’m not pleased with my position on the grid. Tomorrow will be a hard race because with these conditions it’s always difficult here. During practice you can always do one fast lap and come back to the box, but in the race you have to be consistent and go for it for 20 laps. I’ll try to make a good start and stay with the group like I did in Phillip Island and see what happens. Today it was possible to be on the second row, but now I need to focus on the race and use all my energy tomorrow to get a good result.

22-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Website Find Reply