Veteran Corser call it quits
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Veteran Corser call it quits
[Image: corserslidey.jpg]

Two-time World Superbike champion Troy Corser has announced his retirement from racing. The 39 year old, winner of 33 races, who began his SBK career back with Yamaha in 1992, will move into an ambassadorial role with BMW, for whom he has raced for the past three years.

"I have been racing for a long time and the day had to come," Corser said.

"Although it is a sad day for a lot of people it had to come at some stage. I think it is time to do it right now.

"For me it is an honour to stay involved with BMW as an ambassador, and there are lots of different areas where I will still be involved with the development, PR and so on. So I am not disappearing, I will still be around at the tracks,"
he added.

Corser then took time to reflect on a career that has spanned almost twenty years and seen him race for more than six different manufacturers.

"I rode in 1992 as a wild card on a Yamaha at Phillip Island, and I never thought I would be racing for pretty much 20 years in World Superbike and win a couple of world championships along the way.

"It has been good and I have worked with almost every manufacturer, in the paddock, bar Kawasaki. So I pretty much know everybody here. I have learned a lot and made a lot of good friends and I am still going to stay friends with all of them,"

30-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Website Find Reply