Mar-Train Sign Kennedy For British Supersport Campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mar-Train Sign Kennedy For British Supersport Campaign
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Northern Ireland based Mar-train Racing have secured the services of Dubliner Jack Kennedy for the 2012 British Supersport campaign. Tim and Sonya Martin’s team have been one of the main players in the Irish Superbike paddock since 2006, but feel the time is right to step up to British championship level in 2012.

24-year-old Jack Kennedy finished fourth in the 2010 British Supersport Championship and posted seven podiums during the 2011 campaign despite a season littered with injury and frustrating problems. He also scored his debut win during a double podium weekend at the final round in October at the Brands Hatch GP circuit. He will give the Northern Ireland based team every opportunity to compete at the sharp end from the opening round in April 2012. The team has also brought in experienced Supersport technician Andy Jamison, who will work as Kennedy’s crew chief next season.

[Image: jack_kennedy2.jpg]

Jack Kennedy:

“I’m delighted to get it all sorted and I’m very excited at the prospect of working with the Mar-train team. I rode for them at the recent Sunflower Trophy Races at Bishopscourt and that pretty much made my mind up. It was a clear decision. There were three defining factors: I’ll be riding a Yamaha again; Andy Jamison will be my crew chief and in the meetings I’ve already had with Tim – anything the bike needs it will get. They are a new team in the paddock but our goal is to win the championship; that’s the plan.”

Tim Martin – Team Principal:

“We’ve been competing in Irish championship for a number of years and although we thoroughly enjoyed it, we feel it’s time to step it up to the next level. We are totally focused on competing at the front and that’s why we’ve gone to such lengths as signing Jack and also bringing an experienced man like Andy on-board. He’ll be moving to Northern Ireland to live and work with us. While we are not a factory-supported team, we will receive assistance from Yamaha UK, so we will be building a totally new bike for Jack in 2012. We’re very serious about being championship contenders and we can’t wait to get started.”

[Image: martrainlogo.jpg]

04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Website Find Reply