Gold Cup Rider’s Acknowledge Helicopter Fund Raiser
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gold Cup Rider’s Acknowledge Helicopter Fund Raiser
[Image: auto66clubbig.gif]

The ‘stars’ of the 2011 Steve Henshaw International Gold Cup Road Races have acknowledged the efforts of a group of motorcyclists from the Hartlepool area who have raised a total of £367,000 for the Great North Air Ambulance (GNAA).

At a recent cheque presentation in Middlesbrough, the Boundary 500 Motorcycle Group revealed that the members had raised a collective £367.053 since June 2006.

Keith Fisher, one of the organisers who was instrumental in arranging a sponsored motorcycle ride in the Yorkshire Dales during the Summer was presented with a Boundary Club dayglo vest signed by star riders, Ryan Farquhar (Gold Cup Winner 2011) John McGuinness, Ian Lougher, Guy Martin, William Dunlop and Ian Hutchinson.

Keith said: “We are a group of local motorcyclists who try very hard to financially support the charity which flies the Great North Air Ambulance.

“My personal effectiveness is minuscule when compared with some of the other members, but I still took pride when the current running total of contributions was announced as being now over £367,000.

“Surely that is an impressive sum of money from a group of bikers?

“I’m very happy to confirm that the kindness from many Hartlepool Mail readers, by way of sponsoring me, is part of that overall contribution and I thank everyone most sincerely.”

Keith added: “Anyone who knows me will find it hard to believe that I’m ever lost for words, but at the presentation night I was totally gob smacked into silence by the special presentation.

“The very kind thought of giving me such a gift was overwhelming and something which I’ll never forget.”

The GNAA is totally reliant on donations from the public and does not receive any funding from the Government.

The Auto 66 Club, organisers of the Steve Henshaw International Gold Cup Road Races at Oliver’s Mount would also like to add their congratulations to the Boundary 500 Motorcycle Group on their magnificent achievement.
14-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Website Find Reply