William Dunlop Racing - 45th Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop Racing - 45th Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Wilson Craig Honda rider William Dunlop, jetted off to the far east venue of Macau on Saturday morning for his first visit to the end of season show piece around the Guia circuit where the 25 year old Ballymoney man will be trying to repeat the success of his father Robert Dunlop, who won the same event back in 1989 while riding the PJ O'Kane RC30 Honda.

For William, the trip to Macau is largely a learning curve and a wide down extended holiday, where he will be joined by his younger brother Michael, and Crumlins Stephen Thompson.

With two 45min practice sessions on Thursday and Friday, before Saturdays 15 lap Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix, Dunlop is hopeful that he can at least break into the top ten on his maiden visit to the event.

William Dunlop:

"I am very excited about this trip, and to be honest I don't know what to expect. I have not seen any video footage of the event, only photographs, but I have been told it is a very demanding circuit and very narrow in places.

With this being my first trip to Macau, I will be just trying to learn the place, but would be hopeful of getting into the top ten in Saturdays race, but there are a lot of riders who you never really hear of through out the year, who seem to be very good around Macau, so I am not taking anything for granted.

In a way, I will be treating the whole experience as a racing holiday, as I am planning to stay for a few days after Saturdays race to wind down before we start to get in preparation mode for 2012. I hope I will get a chance to go a see Patsy O'Kanes RC30 Honda that my dad rode to victory at Macau in 1989 in the musuem,..... that is something that I am looking forward to. Hopefully I will be able to finish the race, which I think would be a good enough result for myself on my first visit".

William Dunlop's practice and race times will be posted as soon as we receive them.

15-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply