Lowes returns with WFR Honda in 2012
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes returns with WFR Honda in 2012
[Image: wfrhondalogo.jpg]

Alex Lowes will make a surprise return to the WFR Honda team for the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after signing a deal that will see him reunited with his former squad.

Lowes began last season in WFR Honda colours in BSB Evo, scoring wins in the class from five of the first six races of 2011 before they parted company. Lowes then rode for teams including MSS Colchester Kawasaki, claiming pole position on his first appearance, and then Motorpoint Yamaha. Lowes is now looking forward to returning to the team for his second season in BSB and reunited with Honda machinery firmly believes that they can be in contention for a top six place in the Showdown next year.

Lowes said:

"I feel really good about the new season and returning to WFR Honda as I have had some of my best results with the team, so it is a mega opportunity for me. When we parted it was amicable and now I have been given the chance to return and we can really show what we are capable of. I know that the team has the potential and the ambition to be at the front; they are well respected in the paddock and now they already have some experience of the new bike from testing it already feels like as a team we have made a positive start, even though I haven't ridden the new bike yet.

"The results we had at the start of the season were unexpected as it was my first ride on a Superbike and I was up against the main Superbike riders who had more experience. I think that having ridden for different teams last year has meant I had three or four seasons experience all in one. I think that returning with the Honda will be good for me and I know I have the pace; I just need to be more consistent but that shouldn't be an issue as I won't be swapping between bikes next year! I think changing teams this season meant I was trying to push harder to try and find the limits faster and that caused the crashes. My style though suits the bikes for next season and I haven't had much experience of a bike with lots of electronic aids so I don't think I will find next year any harder.

"I have been training really hard already as I am already focused on the season ahead of me and I know that the team haven't stopped since the test in Spain. We want to be in that top six for the Showdown and you can see from this year how many riders had the chance of making the cut. I have a great team and two team-mates so we can push each other all the way. I can't wait to get out testing now so we can really hit the ground running when we start racing."
16-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply