Gowland: Expect more of this!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gowland: Expect more of this!
[Image: wfrhondalogo.jpg]

Graeme Gowland is preparing for his second consecutive season with Team WFR after signing to remain with the team in the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Gowland finished second in last year's Evo championship despite missing rounds through injury and towards the end of the season notched up six overall top ten finishes with two sixth places at Silverstone and Brands Hatch. Gowland's impressive pace also saw him qualify in the top ten five times, outpacing some of his main championship counterparts on the Evo specification machine and now with a level playing field for 2012 he is relishing the chance to make a return to the BSB podium.

[Image: gowlandwfrhonda1.jpg]

Gowland said:

"I can't wait for next year, it really can't come soon enough for me. I think that the experiences last season on the Evo spec bike has definitely taught me a lot in terms of race craft and tyre conservation that will probably catch some other riders out next year with the new rules. We can almost just get on with it now as it is what we know and what we have become used to and I think that could surprise some people. We had a few minor problems this season but I believe now that we ironed those out at the test in Spain a few weeks ago and we will only be back stronger.

"The new rules should work well for me, I think we have shown this year that we don't need traction control to go fast and I can just react and ride to what the bike does. My style has always been that way so I am looking forward to it. The main difference I noticed in testing was the new engine specification has more top end power and that was where we were losing out to the main Superbike guys last year so I think that is where we will see our improvement. The Honda suits my riding style and the engine characteristics are so smooth that it should be one of the strongest packages under the new rules.

"I was confident at the end of the season after a good set of results with overall top six finishes and then to have the test where we were able to test the new specification WFR Honda was great for me. It is a massive step for us as a team to have already got testing underway and also for me personally to have some consistency by staying with the same team for a second consecutive season. I have a great team around me and having Matt Llewellyn again as my crew chief is the position I wanted to be in. We have such a good understanding of each other and I really believe we can make massive progress next season. I just need to thank everyone at Team WFR for giving me the chance to ride again with them for a second season and we really want to improve on our results in 2012."
16-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply