Westmoreland confirmed with WFR Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Westmoreland confirmed with WFR Honda
[Image: wfrhondalogo.jpg]

James Westmoreland was one of only two riders to get the opportunity to ride a 2012 specification bike this season with WFR Honda and following a successful test recently it has been confirmed today (Wednesday) that he will officially line up with the team for next year's MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Westmoreland progressed to BSB last season after competing in the British Supersport Championship and scored a best result of fifth at the Knockhill round of the series. He was another rider to move teams during the season, switching from Motorpoint Yamaha to WFR Honda for the final three rounds and was given the chance to test the new specification Honda recently in Spain alongside new team-mate Graeme Gowland. Westmoreland claims that already the four days of testing have given them a boost ahead of the new season and believes that the team will give him the foundations to challenge for results.

[Image: wfrhondagroup2012.jpg]

Westmoreland said:

"It is great for me to know I am going to be working with team WFR Honda next season. I obviously finished last season with them and I know that we will have a good direction for 2012. I am made up about joining them for the full season as they put a lot of effort into their racing and for sure they have a great package. I rode a version of the 2012 specification bike at Donington Park and even between then and the end of the season there were big improvements. Then from the end of the season to the end of the recent test we had in Spain we saw even more changes and steps forward and we know what else we need to do before we start racing again next year.

"Last year was my first season in Superbike and it is a big step, so next season I will have a better idea of what to expect. I don't think I had a bad first season despite switching teams and I think next year I can only improve with the experience. We have obviously been out testing already but I don't think that will give us too much of an advantage, because the other teams won't start the season on the back foot! I think having good team-mates also helps because we know we will be pushing each other all the way and will make a good team. I am definitely feeling good about the new season and looking forward to getting out testing again in the new year."
16-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply