SPLITLATH REDMOND MAKES ITS DEBUT AT MACAU
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH REDMOND MAKES ITS DEBUT AT MACAU
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

SPLITLATH Redmond will make its Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix debut this weekend in the team’s first race under its new banner.

Californian road-race ace Mark Miller returns to the squad to tackle his 12th Macau GP onboard the Aprilia RSV4 machine.

Miller finished 23rd on the Splitlath Motorsport Aprilia in this year’s Isle of Man TT and also joined the outfit for the Knockhill and Snetterton rounds of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Since then he has been training back home in the USA and is raring to return to the action this week when the 58th Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix gets underway on Thursday.

“It’s great to be back with the team, and I’m looking forward to getting back out on the bike at Macau,” he said. “Since I raced at Snetterton I’ve been home and trained hard, got myself nice and lean and ready for the challenge.

“I’m looking forward to racing this bike on Dunlop tyres because that’s what I know. The Aprilia is going to be an interesting bike to ride around there. It’s going to suit the mid range of the V4 engine and yeah, there may be some parts we struggle around but over a lap we should be good.”

The Macau Grand Prix will mark the team’s first outing since owner John Dimbylow joined forces with two-times Olympian and 400m and 4x400m World, European and Commonwealth champion Derek Redmond to create the new squad, Splitlath Redmond.

“This is our first race as Splitlath Redmond and we can’t wait,” said Dimbylow. “We haven’t been to Macau before but Mark is a bit of a veteran around there so I don’t think we could ask for anyone better to ride our Aprilia.

“I’m looking forward to seeing our bike racing around the streets of Macau and am confident we can have a great debut race. It’s great to have Mark back with us and we’re all very excited not only for Macau, but for the future of the team moving forward”.

Derek Redmond added:

“This is a big moment for us, appearing for the first time as Splitlath Redmond and I’m delighted we’ve chosen Macau as the place to make our debut. I’m sure Mark will do the whole team proud out there.”

16-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Website Find Reply