William Dunlop - CITY OF DREAMS 45TH MACAU GRAND PRIX
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop - CITY OF DREAMS 45TH MACAU GRAND PRIX
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

William Dunlop finished Sundays 45th Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix in a fine 13th place on his debut visit to the Guia circuit on the Wilson Craig Honda Fireblade, in a race that saw drama unfold right from the opening lap, when several riders pulled out of the race after just one lap, with the first sector of the 3 mile circuit being deemed just unsafe for racing after a weekend of heavy rain made the circuit extremly slippy in places.
However, this did not deter William Dunlop who was eager to get a race finish under his belt on his first visit to the event, and after a hard fought race over 15 laps, William managed to achieve that goal in 13th place.

[Image: wdunlopmacau.jpg]

William Dunlop:

"That was really hard work out there. This is a tough and demanding circuit, and the conditions where very tricky early on, with everyone's lap times well down on the practice pace. I just wanted to get a finish under my belt, as it is a long way to come for a race and not to finish. I took this year as a learning curve and know that i will be better prepared next year if I come back. I had no problems with the bike at all as it worked fine, but thanks again to Wilson Craig and his Team for getting me out here and having my first crack at this race. Its time to head off for a wind down now and then the long haul home on Monday, but its been a great experience".

City of Dreams Macau Grand Prix Results:

1 - Michael Rutter RidersMotorcycle.com Ducati
2 - Martin Jessopp RidersMotorcycles.com Ducati
3 - Ian Hutchinson Swann Yamaha Racing
4 - Jeremy Toye IGT PBM Kawasaki
5 - Gary Johnson IGT Suzuki by TAS
6 - John McGuinness SMT Honda
13th - William Dunlop Wilson Craig Honda

20-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Website Find Reply