Jamie Hamilton to make Isle of Man TT Races debut with KMR Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton to make Isle of Man TT Races debut with KMR Kawasaki
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

The 2012 Isle of Man TT races fuelled by Monster Energy has been given a major boost with the news that former National Superstock 600cc Champion Jamie Hamilton will make his Mountain Course debut next year.

The Ballymena ace originally had aspirations to be a footballer, having been on the books of Leicester City and Bolton Wanderers, before switching to motocross and then road racing. His career high point to date was winning the highly competitive 2009 Metzeler National Superstock 600cc Championship ahead of the likes of Luke Mossey, Luke Jones and current TT star Dan Kneen.

Still only 20 years of age, Hamilton continued with the Gearlink Kawasaki team in 2010 where he competed half a season in the British Supersport Championship before moving to 1000cc machines and the Irish Superbike Championship in 2011. With his road racing debut at the North West 200 curtailed due to the weather, Hamilton then joined forces with Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki team where he was a revelation in the final third of the season.

Hamilton finally made his road racing debut at the Ulster Grand Prix Bikeweek achieving two fourth places in the Supertwins races, following this up with second at Killalane in the Junior Support race. His outings on the roads ended with another debut, this time at Scarborough, where he again impressed greatly with 3rd and 4th in the two Phil Mellor Trophy Supertwin races. He then wrapped up his season with 1st and 2nd in the two Supertwins races at the Sunflower Trophy meeting, getting the better of former GP winner Jeremy McWilliams and team boss Farquhar in the opening encounter.

On the back of such impressive results, Hamilton will contest a full season of road racing for KMR Kawasaki in 2012 and will contest the TT in all three 1000cc events, the Superbike, Superstock and Senior races. He will also participate in the inaugural Supertwins TT on an ER6 Kawasaki.

[Image: ryanandjamie1.jpg]

Speaking about his TT debut, Hamilton said:

“I’m really enjoying road racing and can’t wait to make my TT career. I couldn’t have a better mentor than Ryan and I’m going to be working really hard during the close season to make sure that I’m in the best shape to tackle the course. I’ve already been over to the Isle of Man a few times to look at the course and I’m going to spend large chunks of the winter with Milky Quayle and Johnny Barton learning the course.”

Team owner Farquhar added;

“I really like Jamie’s attitude to racing and right from the moment he first rode for me at the Ulster GP, he’s been a pleasure to work with. He wants to go road racing and he’s not scared of getting stuck in and getting his hands dirty. He’s more than prepared to put the hard yards in and gives nothing other than 100%. I like that attribute in someone and, with a mature head on his shoulders, I’m sure he’ll put in a really solid debut at the TT. There’ll be no pressure on him so he can just go out, learn the course and enjoy himself.”

22-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply