GBmoto Racing Launch into the 2012 British Superbike Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GBmoto Racing Launch into the 2012 British Superbike Championship
[Image: gbracinglogo.jpg]

GBmoto Racing are pleased to announce that their application to Motorsport Vision (MSVR), to become an Elite Team in the 2012 British Superbike Championship has been successful. MSVR today confirmed GBmoto Racing's participation as one of the 16 teams making up the 2012 BSB grid and therefore potential licence holders in the premier class, over the next four years. The step up to BSB in 2012 represents the next phase of the team's ambitious 5 year racing plan.

Having previously secured 3 National titles and numerous race wins in Endurance racing, the team didn’t waste much time in proving their ability and intentions, in the competitive Metzeler National Superstock 1000 series in 2011. GBmoto are happy to have already agreed terms with rider, Tristan Palmer, who achieved 3 wins, 5 podiums, 3 fastest laps, 1 pole position and a new lap record, with the Sussex based outfit this year.

An involvement in racing over the last 25 years and a strong team structure and work ethic, means GBmoto Racing should continue to surprise even their most experienced rivals. The team would like to thank all of its existing sponsors and suppliers and will be looking to extend their commercial reach in 2012.

Mark Smith-Halvorsen – Team Principal:

We know how tough the step up in class is going to be in 2012, but it has always been our intention to go Superbike racing and win - so let’s get on with the job of learning fast and putting a solid season together. Tristan is an asset to our team; he has good Superbike experience and I know he is going to surprise people next year.

We are currently talking to lots of other riders – some in the UK, some from overseas - it’s my job to make sure we get another competitive guy and I am very confident we will do that. As for machinery, detailed plans are already in place and I expect us to be running factory kitted bikes next year.

I would like to thank everybody that has supported us through 2011; our message to you is simple: “you have allowed us to succeed”. A great deal of gratitude goes to everybody that has supported us in every way, throughout the year.

21-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: GBmoto Racing Launch into the 2012 British Superbike Championship
Please consider Sandor Bitter......................
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Website Find Reply