Irwin and Fritz to European Superstock 600 with Racedays Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Irwin and Fritz to European Superstock 600 with Racedays Kawasaki
[Image: racedayshdr.jpg]

Northern Ireland’s rising talent Glenn Irwin will join German 125cc ace Marvin Fritz in the Racedays Kawasaki squad for the teams 2012 European Superstock 600 campaign. Revolution Racedays finished a close second in the 2011 championship with American rider Joshua Day, and with this new line-up will be aiming to secure Kawasaki’s first title in this class.

Gerry Bryce, Team Manager

"I’m very happy to welcome Glenn and Marvin to the team. Glenn comes from a fantastic season in British Superstock and was particularly impressive as a wild card at the Portimao World Superbike round. He has amazing natural talent and we’re confident he will challenge for race wins from the season start. It’s a brave move for Glenn as he had a very good offer to continue in Britain with a top team however he feels that the challenge of competing as part of the World Superbike championship will ultimately be better for his career. Marvin tested recently with us at Jerez and consistently set very competitive times, despite it being only his second time on a 600cc machine. He’s a fantastic rider with multiple podiums in the IDM, a clever racer and is very motivated. I’m sure he will be a revelation in this class. We’re looking forward to working with them both."

Marvin Fritz

" After some years competing in IDM 125 I’m now looking forward to riding in the European Superstock 600 championship with Racedays. At the test at Jerez in November I rode the Kawasaki for the first time and it all went very well. I had a very good feeling with the team and from the first lap I had an amazing feeling with this bike. The lap times were also pretty good! I can’t wait to start the season 2012 and with a team like this, with their experience, it’s very much possible to succeed. And I’m happy about my new team mate Glenn Irwin – it’s always really good to have a fast team mate! Thanks to the team, Kawasaki and all my Sponsors."

[Image: glenirwin1.jpg]
Glenn Irwin

Glenn Irwin

" I am delighted to be part of the Racedays Kawasaki squad for 2012. I’ve worked with the team on a couple of occasions and I know they can provide me with the required elements to be a race winner. Staying with Kawasaki is also a key factor, as they have supported me in 2011 and I’d like to repay them with a European championship. I know Marvin from the IDM championship so to have a fast team mate is exciting as well and I am sure we will push each other. I can now look forward to my winter training programme. I’d like to thank Gerry and all the team sponsors along with my personal sponsors MET Healthcare, Belfast city auctions, Valvenet.net and GAS moto who have helped make this possible. Roll on 2012!"

Simon Crafar, Team Coach

" Working with young riders, for me is the best job in the world and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Josh Day in 2011. Glenn & Marvin are already fast, but are younger and less experienced and I am hoping to be able to help them even more than I could with Josh. The Racedays team atmosphere is very good and we will do our best to give the riders what they need to do the job."

06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Website Find Reply