Jessopp joins PTR for World Supersport challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jessopp joins PTR for World Supersport challenge
[Image: ptrhdr.jpg]

Martin Jessopp is stepping up from British Superbikes to compete in the World Supersport Championship on a race-proven PTR Honda in 2012.

Martin, 26, from Yeovil in Somerset, is a proven front runner in the British Superbike Championship with a pole position and fourth place finish to his credit while riding for Riders Ducati. He has British Supersport experience and recently finished second at the Macau GP in 2011.

Motorcycle retail chain Riders will continue to back Martin in 2012 as it joins forces with front running British based team PTR Honda – the organisation behind the successful Parkalgar Honda and Bogdanka Honda race teams (runner-up in the World Championship in 2009 and 2010).

Martin will get his first outing on his PTR Honda early in the New Year at a private test in Europe before a further test at Philip Island in Australia ahead of the opening round of the 2012 Championship at the same circuit on 26 th February. For more information and to follow Martin and PTR visit the PTR website HERE.

[Image: jessoppatptr1.jpg]

Martin:

“I am over the moon to have 2012 all sorted. I said at the end of the 2011 season my objective was to get into the World Championship and Supersport was my best opportunity.

“I sat down with my team and Riders and we wanted a squad at the sharp end of the Championship so I would know I had a good bike and proven package. The British Based PTR team was my number one choice and to get a ride with them was brilliant – it’s not often that a racer gets his first choice so I can honestly say I could not be happier.

“There is no expectations at the moment but I will put plenty of pressure on myself as the season approaches. I just need to go testing and complete loads of laps and learn the bike and develop my relationship with the team. It is all new to me and I need to go out there and get up to pace.

“Having a fast team mate like Sam Lowes on the same PTR Honda will be excellent. I enjoyed a bit of craic with Sam at Magny Cours this year when I was a wild card entry and he was helping me out then with some advice and ideas. That’s a big help and a fantastic support from him and the team. I can’t wait to get riding.”

PTR Honda Team Manager Simon Buckmaster is delighted to have Martin on the team. He said:

“Martin has speed, talent and ability. PTR has the team, bike and experience at World Championship level. It is a big step up for Martin but he is determined to be a success and we will do all we can to help him reach his potential.“

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 03:24 PM by Malcolm.)
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Website Find Reply