Sabbatical for the Rob Mac racing team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sabbatical for the Rob Mac racing team
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

Rob Mac racing has confirmed that it will take a sabbatical from the British Superbike Championships in 2012, and review its position later in the year.

Long-term sponsors, Motorpoint, and other supporting partners, had agreed to continue with sponsorship of the team however, after a couple of difficult seasons and a lack of available experienced riders to deliver results, Rob Mac racing has taken the decision to have some time out in 2012 and reconsider its future options.

Rob McElnea

“It has been a tough decision but the right one after a difficult season, where it was frustrating to be unable to secure a good return for our backers in terms of results. We all go to racing to be part of a show and I want to ensure our team performs not only for the fans, but also for our sponsors too.

“I felt the options available to us would mean another tough season with difficult challenges so, I feel it is the best decision to re-evaluate our position during our 2012 sabbatical and hopefully come up with a storming proposal for the future. Motorpoint have been great supporters and are understanding of my decision.

“I want to thank all my team and partners for their commitment over the last 20 years!”

John Gillespie, Commercial Director, Motorpoint

“As an organisation that embraces team spirit as one of its core values and appreciates the importance of a strong team ethic, we fully understand Rob’s decision to take a sabbatical given the right dynamic couldn’t be found for 2012. We have greatly enjoyed our partnership with the team and its riders, and feel proud to have had a hand in the development of some of BSB’s potential future stars.

“We will look forward to hearing Rob’s proposals for the future towards the end of next year In the meantime, we wish all those involved in next year’s Championship season every success for 2012.”

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM by Malcolm.)
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Website Find Reply