Wizard’s wrap up: Winning Supersport title, Australia and 2012
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Wizard’s wrap up: Winning Supersport title, Australia and 2012

2011 British Supersport champion Alastair Seeley returns to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in 2012 with Tyco Suzuki and since lifting his second title the 'Wizard' has been back on track at the Sunflower race before jetting to Australia.

Seeley won the British Supersport title after a season-long duel with rival Ben Wilson but now he has his focus firmly on returning to the top step of the podium in the Superbike class, in an exclusive blog for the official BSB website the 'Wizard' brings you all the latest news ahead of 2012.

[Image: seeleytyco2.jpg]

Over to Alastair:

"It feels like a long time since Brands Hatch now; we did celebrate on the Sunday night....I think we sampled a range of liquor! I then had the Sunflower meeting, which seems to be some kind of nemesis to me as I always seem to have bad luck there. I was punted wide in the Superbike race and then I was leading the Supersport race and then I went back to third, but I got caught up in Jack Kennedy's crash and I was knocked out and cracked a few ribs. In the medical centre I couldn't even remember winning the British Supersport Championship and people were asking me if I remembered the last race and I thought everyone was winding me up!

"Four days after that I was on a plane to Australia for two weeks on the West Coast and Margaret River. I had been there back in 2009 when I raced in the Kings of Wanneroo race and me and my friend thought it would be a great trip to end the season. We had a few days in Perth, did the usual sightseeing that you have to do when you are away and we fixed up a scooter his friends had and used it as transport to the beach. There had been four shark attacks just before we had got there so we didn't attempt surfing like you would expect! I did manage to try wakeboarding whilst we were out there, it isn't as easy as it looks but I managed to stand up first time before I had a bit of a sling shot effect on the ripples and I face planted. I had a great black eye to show for it though the next day! We also went on some wine sampling trips; they were so good we went back again...

"Since being home I have been doing the usual of hitting the training hard ready to be back in BSB next season. I have been doing a lot of trials riding, out on the motocross bike and mountain biking; I want to be ready for when we start testing. Other than that I have been getting all the last minute Christmas things for my son Lewis and have been to some awards dinners, including the CJ Riders Fund and also a charity dinner for Sparks in Belfast, who raise funds for medical research into heart defects in babies.

"It won't be long before testing starts in 2012 and I can't wait to get started! All that is left to say is have a Merry Christmas!"

Alastair

20-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Website Find Reply