Former champion Brogan returns to National Superstock
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Former champion Brogan returns to National Superstock
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Former Metzeler National Superstock champion Steve Brogan will be aiming to secure a second title in the class as he returns for 2012 after signing for the title-winning Buildbase BMW team.

Brogan celebrated a title victory in the Superstock Championship in 2008 with Honda before defending his title and finishing second in 2009 to fierce rival Alastair Seeley. The Liverpudlian then returned to BSB, winning the inaugural Evo title for BMW however last year his season was curtailed due to a crash at Snetterton.

Brogan said:

"I am really excited about joining the Buildbase BMW team after a tough season last year. My goal for this year was always to be in a position to be racing for wins and podiums and with the team in the Superstock class that is definitely possible. I have won the Superstock title before, but not with BMW so it would be great for me to win this year with them to add to the BSB Evo title I won in 2010. Looking at the Superstock class you can never write anyone out as and it is always hard to judge. I expect this year to be as tough as ever and I have been working hard to get back to full fitness since the crash last year, but I am there now and looking forward to testing again. I feel really good about this season and I had some great battles before in Superstock so I am looking forward to more of the same this year!"

Team Owner Stuart Hicken concluded:

"We were looking for a quality rider who could bring experience to the team and Steve is a proven winner in the class. Buildbase BMW won the title last season and we would obviously like to do the same again this year. We are looking forward to welcoming Steve into the team and also announcing a second rider in the Superstock class in the coming weeks. BMW have celebrated a lot of success in the Superstock championship and we hope that it continues in 2012."

18-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Website Find Reply