Weather havoc on the island!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weather havoc on the island!
Spare a thought for our manx friend with thr awful weather and flooding!

<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/">http://www.iomonline.co.im/</A>

Mike

22-10-2002, 11:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Weather havoc on the island!
Had a wee look, its exactly the same here in East Lothian, Scotland a months rain in 36hrs i believe they are saying on TV ? Also its our mid term school Holidays !!!!!!!!!

22-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS News just reported gusts of winds at 80mph, snow and more rain to follow for the east coast of scotland, Oh yes minus 2 expected also ! Is that sidecar offer still up for grabs in good old Oz !!!!!!!!!
cheers Stella
22-10-2002, 01:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella,

What you want/need in these conditions is what we in N. Ireland call a Killinchy Muffler.

Regards,

Big D.
22-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lovely October weather this, what are you all moaning about? No hosepipe bans, and forest fires zero. Wellies de riguere, and lovely surf.

Pan o' soup, anyone ?
22-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Zat a wooly one, D? Russian tank driver's bunnets are good too.
22-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Please! Chicken? Lentil? or red hot chili?
22-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

think youselves lucky, we have to work in it.
"hello boss it's raining"
"put yer jacket on"
"but it's slinging it down"
"put yer coat on then"
"we can't work in this, it's terrible"
"what address shall i post yer p45 to?"
can't win. grin and bare it and tarmac like mad, and think of next season. hot sun, cold guinness, fast bikes.
ade!
22-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The weather ain't nice here in Wick either, but there's little damage. Everything that was ever going to blow or wash away went years ago.
22-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And here we are in Oz suffering one of the worst droughts that I've known. We are desparate for a drop of rain but it will rain this Saturday night for sure because we're hosting the Speedway World Final in Sydney. Always rains on speedway night.
22-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Better still how about a nice hot madras,
we just had a nice veg one with Chicken Tikka
breast!
22-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of which, Gail, blow away all the bras, did it??
22-10-2002, 11:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Innit amazing what threads can develop??
I didnt realise when I wrote the original poast what other people were suffering! I do now!
Even down here in southern England, we had our share. My journey to work from Staines to Andover was a nightmare yesterday. Torrential rain! My little yellow bug kept trying to aquaplane on em.. I cant remember having seen rain any heavier (except maybe in the Island!)
The thought that gets me through moments like this?
First evening practice. A pint of Bushys Export while standing outside the Sulby Glen. Looking up at the mountain!
Does it for me.....
23-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't worry everyone on the Island will be safe. Noah Foster has built and Ark down in the south of the island high on a hill. Each man will be paired with a 6 foot Swedish blonde and all the newts, cheesed or not, will be welcome aboard. Even Eric the Ardvark will be saved (where would we be without him) the Ramsay Rapscallion has so much to say to keep us on the straight and narrow. Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink. I haven't touched the stuff for 20 years. My young son drank it once in Bali and he was crook for a week. We wish we had some of the rain here in Brisbane Australia. Tonight we are covered in the biggest dust storm in history. We are locked in our house with all the windows shut and I am only surviving on a bottle of 2000 Chardonay, it is hell here.
23-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Big D
Killinchy Muffler Eh ? Mmmmm thats a new one on me, i`m almost afraid to ask where you wear it ???
cheers Stella.
23-10-2002, 01:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spot on Don; when it's too wet to go outside, get wet inside, the wetter the better.

Got a great bargain at the Supermarket in Dublin yesterday, they were selling 12 year old Glenmorangie off cheap 'cos "it's reached its sell bye date, now" four quid a bottle, ya beauty. (23quid when new)

Water nearly killed me this year, so never touch it no never again, me.
23-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Message for Don Simons de Chardonnay
Mr Chardonnay,

I intend to flee this wretched craft as soon as my bird comes back. You have no idea what it has been like with a crew of Shandy lookalikes and their 6-foot Swedish blondes. They're all bonkers!

I am taking a week in the Algarve to recover my senses. I know - It will take longer than that, or a miracle, to achieve the impossible.

Kind regards,
Noah
23-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even read your postings over the weather. I've been in the Netherlands today. It was sunny and windy 14 C. A good day for biking.
Now I sit at home and have a beer.
Cheers

Michael

PS It's rainig at the momet.
24-10-2002, 08:57 PM