Anthony West set to retire after Speed Master MotoGP ride falls through
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Anthony West set to retire after Speed Master MotoGP ride falls through
[Image: antwestprofile.jpg]

Anthony West has announced that he has been unable to find the funding to return to MotoGP with Speed Master and is now set to retire from racing.

The former factory Kawasaki rider had been in line to join graduating Moto2 squad Speed Master to race its CRT bike in MotoGP this year, but announced on his Facebook page today that the deal had fallen through.

"I, Anthony West, will not race in MotoGP this year or any other races because I cannot find sponsorship to pay the Speed Master team," West wrote.

"Because all teams are asking for money from the riders, only the rich can race in MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3."

West, who most recently competed in Moto2, revealed that he had gone to extreme lengths to try and find the funding, but to no avail.

"I had my car, motocross bike and my house for sale trying to keep the ride and even gave the house as a guarantee if I did not find the money but was not enough," he said.

The 30-year-old Australian believes today's news might mark the end of his racing career.

"I will most likely not race anymore and will return back to Australia to find a normal job," West wrote.

27-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Website Find Reply
Manx Mist Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Anthony West set to retire after Speed Master MotoGP ride falls through
(27-01-2012, 10:00 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: antwestprofile.jpg]

Anthony West has announced that he has been unable to find the funding to return to MotoGP with Speed Master and is now set to retire from racing.

The former factory Kawasaki rider had been in line to join graduating Moto2 squad Speed Master to race its CRT bike in MotoGP this year, but announced on his Facebook page today that the deal had fallen through.

"I, Anthony West, will not race in MotoGP this year or any other races because I cannot find sponsorship to pay the Speed Master team," West wrote.

"Because all teams are asking for money from the riders, only the rich can race in MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3."

West, who most recently competed in Moto2, revealed that he had gone to extreme lengths to try and find the funding, but to no avail.

"I had my car, motocross bike and my house for sale trying to keep the ride and even gave the house as a guarantee if I did not find the money but was not enough," he said.

The 30-year-old Australian believes today's news might mark the end of his racing career.

"I will most likely not race anymore and will return back to Australia to find a normal job," West wrote.

Ideal time for a TT debut then??
30-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Find Reply