Andrews Kick-Starts His 2012 Training in Evesham
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Andrews Kick-Starts His 2012 Training in Evesham
[Image: prracinghdr.jpg]

PR Rider, Simon Andrews has finally started his intense recovery regime after his horrific crash at the Snetterton 300 race circuit during round six of the 2011 BSB Championship. As a result of the crash, Simon’s left leg was badly broken and he received blood clots to both lungs.

As part of the process to re-build his leg, Simon needed grafts from his right leg and both sides of his pelvis, along with an external fixator. In preparation for the new season, starting on the 6th April at Brand Hatch, the Superbike rider has begun his recovery in his home town of Evesham.

[Image: siandrewsphysio1.jpg]

Simon commented. "With so many great people in my local town, my Physio Tace Allen and Phoenix Fitness Solutions, I can get a lot of intensive training close to home. BMR Neurotech in Ireland has sponsored leg stimulators and Isla Scott in the Isle of Man will be overseeing everything, including strengthening of my leg when the fixator is off. I am so lucky to have a great bunch of people around to help!”

Jason Harvey, Manager at Phoenix Fitness Solutions added. "Simon is currently following a rehab programme created here at Phoenix Fitness Solutions, using our AlterG Anti– Gravity Treadmill. The treadmill enables us to lower Simon’s bodyweight to as little as 20% (as if on the moon), allowing him to complete each 30 minute exercise programme with no pain to his lower extremities.”

Jason went on to add. ”He is progressing well and the bodyweight at which he trains is steadily increasing, along with his ability to walk normally with stability and no aid at all.”

[Image: phoenixfitnesslogo.jpg]

[Image: scottphysiosmall.jpg]

27-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Website Find Reply